UPDATE / VIDEO // Energy minister says supply with electric energy being gradually restored in most regions of Moldova
Update 13:55: The power supply to consumers is in an advanced stage of restoration across the entire territory of Moldova, Energy Minister Dorin Junghietu has said, in the context of the interventions carried out after the emergency shutdown of the power system.
According to the official, in the southern part of the country, the 110 kV lines and substations have been re-energized. Also, in most of the national territory, including in the Chisinau municipality, the power supply has been restored, especially for critical services, as well as for large areas of the city.
“In the northern and north‑western parts, work is also being carried out continuously. The 110 and 10 kilovolt lines have been reconnected. Everything is proceeding in a phased, well‑planned process, so as not to create additional imbalances and to maintain the stability of the system. We encourage you, throughout this process, and kindly ask the entire population to rationalize electricity consumption, in order to contribute to restoring the power supply as quickly as possible,” Junghietu said.
Initial report:
Energy Minister Dorin Junghietu informed that Moldova was facing a delicate situation in the national power system as a result of faults in Ukraine’s electricity grid. The official gave assurances that interventions were being carried out in emergency mode and that the authorities’ priority was the fastest and safest possible restoration of electricity supply for all affected consumers.
“Dear citizens, we have a pretty delicate situation in the national power system. The protection system in Ukraine was triggered and, as we form a joint generation block with Ukraine, we were immediately affected by those faults and interruptions. The Moldelectrica teams are now working to fix the problem and reconnect the parts of Moldova that have been left without electricity. We assure you that the people at Moldelectrica are making every effort to resolve the situation as soon as possible, and we will come back with updates as things return to normal,” the minister said.
The minister called on citizens to stay calm and assured them that the situation would be resolved within at most two hours. “We are cooperating with the power operator in Ukraine to restore the connections,” he specified.
This morning, at 10:42, disturbances were recorded in the power system of Moldova after the voltage dropped on the 400 kV Isaccea–Vulcanesti–MGRES high‑voltage line.
According to preliminary information, the voltage drop was caused by serious faults in Ukraine’s electricity grid, which led to the emergency shutdown of Moldova’s power system. The Energy Ministry said that, in some localities, voltage had already been restored.
The authorities are urging citizens to show understanding until the situation is fully resolved.
LIVE // Salary increases to be applied starting 1 January 2027
Public sector employees with gross salary below 20,000 lei to receive one-off payment in October
PHOTO GALLERY // Teachers protested in Great National Assembly Square demanding salary increases from September 1. Government promises solutions
Republic of Moldova received humanitarian aid from 35 countries in first half of year
Prime Minister and Education Minister joined teachers demanding pay raises
Government initiates negotiations with NATO on regulating exchange and protection of classified information
Government accepts resignation of Director of State Agency on Intellectual Property
PHOTO // Teachers protest at Government, demanding salary increases from September 1
Moldovan citizens residing in Latvia to be able to exchange driving licences without additional exams
PHOTO GALLERY // Preparations for Military Parade on 27 August: Veterans and soldiers hold last rehearsals to mark 35 years since proclamation of Independence of the Republic of Moldova
Republic of Moldova digitalized 70 percent of public services: savings estimated at over 850 million lei in 2025
Energy compensation to be available again this year
Government Spokesperson about request for pay raise for teachers: Government to present identified solutions as soon as possible
Braniște commune, Râșcani district invests in clean water and waste management with residents' involvement
ARMENPRESS: Archaeologists discover new inscription at Great Hermitage of Tatev
Moldovan energy minister inspects works at Chisinau Electrical Substation: faults detected in auxiliary equipment may cause delays
About 470 young teachers assigned to work at educational institutions of Moldova
Moldovan PM has talks with BPO company representatives: predictability, better conditions for business development
Meteorologists issue yellow heatwave, fire danger warning in Moldova; air temperatures to reach up to 36°C
Modern school minibuses for more educational institutions of Moldova: 38 new vehicles to carry pupils to school
DOC // SIS and AIM report debunks myths about real amount of ammunition in Cobasna
LIVE // 14,000 tons of ammunition stored at Cobasna, gross quantity
UPDATE Increased traffic at Leușeni and Sculeni border crossings eased
ANRE approves new natural gas rates for end consumers
DOC // NBM to put into circulation two coins on 35th anniversary of proclamation of Independence of the Republic of Moldova
Number of people accommodated in tourist facilities in country increased by around 16 percent in first half of year
Border crossing between Ukraine and Moldova attacked by drones
Prime Minister and UNDP Representative approach cooperation priorities
CFM: Moldovan farmers have priority for grain transport by rail
Five former officers convicted for illegal interception of communications of activists, journalists, politicians